,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Monday, November 9, 2009

Brrrrrr

I have been doing an obsessive amount of thinking about ice packs lately and thought I would share my observations. Just in case you ever need to know.


We tried this type first. It has a nice soft flocked exterior that kept it from slipping and it came with large elastic "bandages" that could hold it in place.


This was by far the most expensive....called Peas. Kinda neat, little gel peas that freeze super fast and conform to your body. Downside, it melted pretty fast.


We tried this too. Even double bagged, it leaked. Thumbs down!

I got this one from work a few years ago. The gel separates as it melts and it takes really long to refreeze.
With all the advances these days we were surprised to discover that this one was by far superior. Really cold, melts slowly, and no need to wait to refreeze...



Ha Ha! Who would have ever thought!
Also, I had alot of time on my hands this weekend just sitting around with Jim. Hence this crazy post.

1 comment:

  1. Who woulda thought!! Good to know.

    I just finished reading "My Sister's Keeper" and "The Help" - two great books I recommend, since I know what a reader you are. :) fyi

    love you

    ReplyDelete