,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Weekend Begins



After a few trips to the Danbury Mall, a few meals out, and some on-line shopping, last night Kate and I completed her quest for an outfit for Nicki's wedding. We started at Lord and Taylor last weekend and boy oh boy did she have a blast trying on every dress. We only looked at the pricetags if the dress was up for contention...once we did, we hightailed it out of there pretty fast. Those designer names are pretty pricey. She finally settled on a lovely dress from White House-Black Market.
We had some viscious thunderstorms last night, and I have woken up to dense fog that looks like it may burn off. Jim and I had planned on traveling up to Misquamacut today...but his back/knee incident from last weekend made us think better of it. I have the need to do something summery. Float on a tube on a lake, pack a picnic lunch of barbecued chicken and potato salad and head into the woods, park a chair on the oceans edge and read a beachy novel, walk the cheesy boardwalk in Old Orchard beach, Maine... and get a henna tattoo, play a round of mini-golf with my kids...you get the idea.
Zach is counting down the days til "move in" at UNH. I am too, but not for the same reason. We both made a plan that each Tuesday until he leaves, we will do something fun...just the two of us. I love to have alone time with my kids. It is precious and rare and I know I will treasure these last few days before Zach "flys the coop".
Tofu is perched at the end of my chair, looking at me like..."enough with the computer...feed me". Have a great weekend everyone...do something summery and think of me!

2 comments:

  1. HI Patti - to help you with summery things - mike is out on the boat with Dave. He has waited a long time before going out - but thankfully he did it:).Anyway enjoy each Tues and it sounds like so much fun going shopping with Kate. Good memories that will last them a lifetime. Have a good weekend and love to all - Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blogs, I only wish you would post more frequntly!! Thanks for doing this for us, I know there are a lot of people who read it.

    ReplyDelete