,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Seasons Greetings!

It is about 6:30 on Saturday morning, still dark. I am sitting in my favorite December spot, on the living room couch in front of the Christmas tree. Jim, Zach, and John's friend Roger are still upstairs sleeping. Tofu and I are enjoying some alone time. Tofu is enjoying the fact that Hazel is a very late sleeper, and so she gets my undivided attention in the morning. Happy puppy makes me happy too.
In a little while I will go up and wake Jim. We have a date. Out for breakfast and then off to Woodbury for the annual Christmas house tour. Jim gave me tickets to this event last year for my birthday, and we enjoyed it so much that he gave them to me again. Different houses every year, it is fun to walk through beautiful homes nestled on beautiful landscapes all decorated for Christmas. The outside is as interesting as the inside...barns, duck ponds, gardens, and hopefully a chicken coop to peak into. The best part though is spending the day with Jimmy. After the tour we will head to Starbucks for a treat and maybe do a little Christmas shopping. I cannot wait for this day to begin!
Big changes are in store for me over the next few weeks, and I am hoping that my happiness level will rise enough that I start to enjoy doing some of the things that I have in the past. One of them being this blog, which I do for me as kind of a public journal. I love going back and reading old entries and looking at the pictures.
If anyone is still reading, I hope that you are enjoying this Christmas season!


No comments:

Post a Comment