,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Random

Happy October! Rabbit! Did ya ever here that if you say rabbit as your first word of the day on the first day of the month, your month will be full of good luck. Rubbish, as far as I am concerned. I do not believe in luck, good or bad.
Jim and I spent the morning together. He came with me for my haircut/color. Then breakfast out and then I had a gift card for a really cool store here in town and we went searching for some artwork to hang up in the family room. The walls are still bare from way back last year when Jimmy painted. Anyway, we settled on a long black shelf with pegs and even tho I am anti knick knack...I got some doo dads for the shelf. Jim is into knicks knacks, he thinks it makes the place look homey. I just think...dust. Compromise.
We took the pup to the vet last week for her yearly check and because she has been "funky" acting lately. We found out that she is getting old, 9 or 10. The reason that she is acting strange is that she is losing her vision. Sigh. I don't think of her as older because we have only had her for 4 years. Oh how I wish that we had her from the start. Anyway, if it is possible,she is getting more TLC than usual.
Oh, our community group started up again last night. A bunch of new faces. I am excited. Young folks and older folks who all follow after Jesus in many amazing ways. So we will all get to know each other and learn more about and grow closer to God in the process. Very cool.
Jim just ran down to the basement to get his tools to hang the shelf and I should sign off so that I can help. Hope that you are enjoying your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment