,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Rugged Maniac



I am amazed by something. I have a child who is super fit, and healthy. I am amazed that this is our (mine and Jim's) child. Zachary committed himself to getting healthy several years ago. He eats well and works out every day. Initially he lost alot of weight. Now, with disciplined weight training, he has sculpted his body and developed muscles upon muscles. It is truly a sight to behold. I admire his willpower and discipline.

This past weekend Jim and I got to witness the pay off to all of his hard work. Zach participated in a 5K Rugged Maniac stamina competition. It was kind of surreal to watch Zach go thru all of the trials. This was my kid. Very cool!





The Naugy team.


Yikes. He really jumped this and landed on the other side. Some others were not so lucky.


Mud and hills.

Here comes my Zachy doodle.





Mr. Muscles.

So proud of him.


1 comment: