,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Finally the Vacation Pics

It took forever to upload all of these pictures. 2 cameras, 3 i-phones, it was a challenge for me. Anyway, we had such a great time. I think that comes through in the pictures. One week was not long enough. You breath in that salty, crisp, Maine air and your body says thank you...seriously...I feel so good when I am there.


Kate and Jim went up on Friday and set up camp for us. I drove up on Saturday morning. Over the bridge in Portsmouth, NH means vacation has really begun.

Yay!

John and Cassie came up for an overnight. Here is our first glimpse of the ocean.


My first dinner.

Jim was happy to pay for dinner. All smiles.




Mini-golf.






We had a few chilly rainy days and nights. A good book and a snuggly bed.

Oh hello.





I made Kate's favorite dinner one night. Chicken and dumplings.

And corn OTC.

Ahhhhh



This was the view from our campsite.





The view from my bed.



One morning Jim and I got up very early so we could catch the low tide and walk out on the sandbar.

We walked all the way out to the tip of Prouts Neck.

The two of us went into "Old Port" one afternoon and walked the cobbled streets, did some shopping and had a wonderful dinner at Dimillos.













Our last night.




All packed up and ready or not it was time to go home.



No comments:

Post a Comment