There are so many ways that I could spend today, but I am doing what I love best....homekeeping. I am throwing open the windows, stripping beds, scrubbing floors, organizing and literally sweeping summer away. Jim tried to tempt me with a drive in the country to ooh and aah at the changing leaves...but this weekend I will not be lured away from home. He even drew the Macoun apple picking card out of his sneaky pocket, but I will not be tempted and do you want to know why? Aside from wanting a clean house....John is coming home next weekend. I have not seen my child since July 4. I feel an excitement building...even the bunnies out in my fading garden are whispering to each other "John's coming". The birds out in the birdbath are all fluttering with excitement because all will be right in Patti's Kyte's little world when all of my kids are home, laughing at the breakfast table, sitting in front of a warm fire, playing a game at the dining room table. Oh my goodness I cannot wait.
So today I will be going about my chores with a happy heart and tomorrow maybe after church we can head down a country road for some crispy apples.





I LOVED your video! It did my heart so good to hear your voice!!
ReplyDelete<3