,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Random Summer Shopping


My original plan for yesterday (Saturday) was to accompany Jim to the West Farms Mall to help him select some new shorts. (Jim hates to shop for clothes and looses patience pretty quickly and will buy anything that fits) He likes me to come along for a second opinion. Anyway, we had an argument in the morning ( yup...we disagree quite often, but still are each others one and only!!!) and thought it best to spend the day apart.

Ok, plan 2. Zachary woke up late, saw that I was here alone with nothing to do...and suggested that we go shopping and maybe catch a late movie. That sounded super fine to me. I wanted to do some browsing at Whole Foods so we set our course for the Post Road in Milford/Orange. We started off with lunch at Chili's...yum and fun. Salad for me, big juicy cheeseburger for Zach. Our waitress was very slow, ok by me cause we got to catch each other up on whats been happening lately. Hopped over to the Post Mall and got Zachary new sheets for his dorm room...looked at hats at "Lids"...phones at ATT (my next phone...Palm Pre) and poked around a really cool toy store. Drove up the road to Whole Foods and spent the better part of an hour perusing their shelves. I found what I was looking for (aromatherapy tablets for the shower), Zach found a bag of healthy cereal and we picked up dinner in their hot food section. We decided on rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, grilled summer squash medley, and fresh baked cornbread. You have not lived until you have tried Whole Foods rotisserie chicken...the plain one. None other compares. It tastes "real" and not pumped up with fake flavorings. It is really easy to make a homemade gravy from the juices that collect at the bottom of the container. It just adds to the delicious experience. Anyway, we spent so much time food ogling that we missed our movie time. We arrived home laden down with yummy goodness and the three of us had dinner. All was well with Jim, he had success with his shopping, and our day apart allowed for the morning spat to be put to bed and forgotten. It was a good day! Today, all three of us will go to the movies...perfect.





No comments:

Post a Comment