,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Saturday, July 24, 2010

All Alone

I am having some time to myself this weekend and it is very nice. It's funny, I have this time to do whatever I want and I can't really think of anything to do. I thought about doing a deep clean of the entire house but nixed that idea pretty quickly. I will clean Zach's room because he is away until Sunday night, but that is it. I was going to go to the beach, but it will be close to 100 today, very humid (in fact the outside of the windows are so dripping wet right now I can't even see out) so that idea is out for today at least.
I pulled out all of my favorite summer movies and will watch a few of those...Dirty Dancing, Finding Nemo, Message in a Bottle and What Lies Beneath.
So I think my plan for today will be to watch a movie, tackle Zach's room, shower, dress up nice and go and get a manicure and pedicure, drive out to Woodbury for dog food, shoot down to the Southbury Starbucks, and then pick up something special for Kate's and my dinner. Then I plan a long hot bath with some bath foam that I picked up at Whole Foods. I will tuck myself into my bed made with nice clean crisp sheets and have some sweet dreams. That sounds good to me.
Off to make myself some decaf tea and pop in What lies Beneath (I watch it for the house...oh my gosh...it's gorgeous!) Stay cool everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I love Finding Nemo! I think I've finally convinced your son to see Despicable Me. Looking forward to seeing you next weekend!

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie,
    Despicable me looks good. We could see it next weekend if you want. Jim, Zach and I saw Toy Story 3 last weekend. It was good, and sad. I cried. See you soon!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds Wonderful!!! But I missed you sooooo much. I am glad you had such a nice weekend. We all need that special time to ourselves now and then. You deserve that kind of time to relax pamper and enjoy. Love to you dear Patti - Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris,
    Jim had a great time. He could not say enough how beautiful it was down there and how beautiful your house is. It sounds like you out did yourself. I missed out on all the fun. Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete