,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Just when you think you've got it together....

My day off went so well. I woke up early and accomplished everything that I had set out to do. I started out by stripping and remaking my bed with clean crisp sheets. I did 2 loads of laundry, folded it and got it sorted for Jim to put away. I cleared off the front porch, scrubbed down the siding, railings, and furniture and put everything back. I weeded all of my flower beds and then hosed down the front walk and driveway. I picked all of the ripe tomatoes. I then shopped for some fall scrubs on line and caught up on some e-mails. I made meatballs and sauce for tonight's dinner. Put together a menu for the week and then made a grocery list. Just before I was about to leave for Stop & Shop my girlfriend whom I have not spoken to in a long time called and I caught up with her for about an hour. I hightailed down to S & S to get the shopping done, and I have to admit I was feeling pretty good and together. Maybe too much so. As I walked in to the store something large flew into my hair and got stuck in all of my hair products. I flipped my head over and tried to shake/fling it out and an overwhelming smell of poo infused my nostrils. Yup, poo and as I fussed with it the smell got worse. I was thinking that someone actually must have tossed a piece of it at me. Finally, I dug my fingers into my over spritzed hair and something fell/flew out and skittered across the floor before I could get a look. Jim thinks it was one of those monkeys that throw their poo at people hiding in the rafters. I think it was some sort of stink bug. Thank goodness S & S now has little dispensers of Purell wipes because I must have used about 10 trying to clean myself up.

I began my shopping feeling disheveled, disoriented, and smelly. That bug certainly put me in my place.

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing woman to get all that done!!! I was tired just reading all that you did. I was happy to have been one of the ones you emailed today:) Thanks sooooo much. That stink bug really stinks for doing that to you. I hope you killed it good!!!! I hope you took a nice warm bath after this long day of catching up!
    Love to all
    Chris

    ReplyDelete