I am up early to get my home chores done because Kate and I are spending the afternoon together. Even tho she no longer lives at home we still spend a lot of time together. She makes a point of it, which I love. We text or talk every day and she pops in just about every weekend.Since Jeff works every Saturday she sometimes spends the night and then comes to church with us on Sunday and stays right through the weekly roast chicken. She is sweet and fun and when she is here things just feel right. She helps and snuggles with the dogs, she scolds Jim about his diet, she helps me cook, and she plays around with Zach. I love looking over at the couch and seeing her there in her hoody and yoga pants under a blanket. She could sleep in our pretty guest room, but she chooses her old bed in the office. I don't know how long this will last but I count it as a blessing while it does.
Saturday, September 29, 2012
Saturday
I am making a pumpkin banana bread this morning which means it is officially Fall. The recipe makes two loaves, but I make the second loaf batter into muffins because there are people that live here that cannot wait for the first bite and muffins bake way faster. Jim and Zach will open their bedroom doors this morning to that spicy warm pumpkin smell and that will make them happy.
I am up early to get my home chores done because Kate and I are spending the afternoon together. Even tho she no longer lives at home we still spend a lot of time together. She makes a point of it, which I love. We text or talk every day and she pops in just about every weekend.Since Jeff works every Saturday she sometimes spends the night and then comes to church with us on Sunday and stays right through the weekly roast chicken. She is sweet and fun and when she is here things just feel right. She helps and snuggles with the dogs, she scolds Jim about his diet, she helps me cook, and she plays around with Zach. I love looking over at the couch and seeing her there in her hoody and yoga pants under a blanket. She could sleep in our pretty guest room, but she chooses her old bed in the office. I don't know how long this will last but I count it as a blessing while it does.
I am up early to get my home chores done because Kate and I are spending the afternoon together. Even tho she no longer lives at home we still spend a lot of time together. She makes a point of it, which I love. We text or talk every day and she pops in just about every weekend.Since Jeff works every Saturday she sometimes spends the night and then comes to church with us on Sunday and stays right through the weekly roast chicken. She is sweet and fun and when she is here things just feel right. She helps and snuggles with the dogs, she scolds Jim about his diet, she helps me cook, and she plays around with Zach. I love looking over at the couch and seeing her there in her hoody and yoga pants under a blanket. She could sleep in our pretty guest room, but she chooses her old bed in the office. I don't know how long this will last but I count it as a blessing while it does.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment