A visit from my boy is just not in the cards for us right now. John and Cassie had planned on visiting last weekend. I cleaned and baked, Jim searched for fun activities to occupy our days, Zach and Kate requested time off from their jobs...we were all more than ready for some family fun. And then I got a call that started out something like...Mom, I'm sick. A stomach bug or food poisoning...there was no way our visit was going to happen. I felt like a balloon that was slowly deflating. Mostly, I just wanted to get in my car and drive to Mass. and take care of my kid. Anyway, we had a clean house, a ton of food, and lots of TIME on our hands so Jim and I went out to the breakfast that we had planned for all of us at Dottie's diner, stopped at the Woodbury flea market which we thought J & C would have loved and then ran some fun errands. We came home and I made Cassie's birthday pie and dinner. Jeff and Tina came over and we had a very nice time. Minus the guests of honor. Sigh.
Mid week John decided that we would try again for this weekend. An abbreviated visit because Cassie had birthday plans with her family on Sunday...but still we would see them all day on Saturday. I shopped, I cleaned, I baked and we all got excited...again. I was just about to leave work early yesterday so that I could go home and do some last minute things, when I got a call that started off something like, "Hey Mamsy, have you seen the weather for tomorrow?". ( I had, but had hoped it was a false alarm.) Foiled again.
Birthday pie, pumpkin bread, and a maple/oatmeal loaf are all sitting on my counter and I am sad. Our regime for eating healthy is taking a beating.
Oh well, snow is on the way, the house is clean and we are well stocked. Jim will light a fire and it will be a great day. Minus the guests of honor.
No comments:
Post a Comment