,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Good Saturday

Kate and I attended a Beth Moore simulcast "So long Insecurity" in Trumbull on Saturday. I was pretty pumped when Kate told me that she wanted to go. Imagine if my daughter were able to shed her insecurities at her age and not hold on to them as long as I have. It would be pretty amazing! Also, any day that Kate and I spend together is pretty great. We laugh alot! I love being with her. She is just the right mix of sweet and spice.
At the close of the program (heard by 300,000. women across North American) the two of us joined hands while we looked into each others eyes. Just holding her hands and looking into her beautiful eyes started my tears. I took a deep breath and we repeated these words to each other. Kate was overwhelmed as well and in the middle of speaking...and well, she could no longer speak. She managed to choke out "I am saying these words to you on the inside". It was the sweetest moment. Here are the words...

My Dear Sister(I said daughter),
If Christ is Your Savior...you are the dwelling place of his own Spirit. You have it IN YOU to be secure. Every day of your life..you have a choice to make.You can live in your old defeat, or you can turn from your unbelief and choose life. Make up your mind to put off the old you and put on the new you. Never, ever, ever forget that the Lord is your security. He will keep your foot from being caught in a trap. He will take care of you to your very last breath. Now, leave this place and go out into the world and act like a person who knows she’s dearly loved. You were born to be exceptional. So, Girlfriend (daughter), go forth and walk worthy of your calling.You are clothed in strength and dignity! Now unto Him who can keep you from falling, be glory and majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord now and forever more. Amen. So Long, Insecurity!!

1 comment:

  1. Sooo sweet. How wonderful you were able to share that with Kate:) These are such blessings from the Lord. Thanks so much for including what we said to one another. maria and I were trying to find it. I am going to copy and print them to speak over her from time to time. I loved reading about your time together. Love Chris

    ReplyDelete