
I love this holiday. No pressure and all about the love. You can make a big deal of it or not and either way it's all good.
We are taking Zach out for lunch today and will deliver his Valentine in person. I sent off John and Cassies last week and Kate will get hers tomorrow. When the kids were little we used to make them. Red construction paper and paper lace doilies cut out in heart shapes . The kids would write sweet messages on them. After Jim's Mom passed away we found our homemade valentines amongst her things. So sweet that she had saved them.
One of the girls at work (so madly in love with her new husband) decided that we should have "love week" last week. We all wore red, pink & heart scrubs Monday-Friday. It was a cute idea and even tho I felt it was kind of a "young" thing to do...I went along. I brought in a big plate of my traditional Valentine cookies on Thursday (heart shaped sugar cookies sandwiched with creamy pink buttercream and dusted with confectioners sugar).
Tomorrow I will make my Valentine one of his favorite meals and give him his Valentine. He has been my Valentine since 1979 and I still have the silver heart locket that he gave me all those years ago.
However you are celebrating the day, I hope that it is fun and full of love.

No comments:
Post a Comment