,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday

We went to church last night... so I had planned to clean the entire upstairs today. My plan was foiled however when the electricity went off with a loud pop around 9:30 am. Today turned into my wrapping day. Good thing too, I did not finish until 4:30.
I made myself a fire to keep warm, strapped my handy dandy Scotch tape holder to my wrist and got started. I am sure it won't surprise anyone when I share that I really get into wrapping gifts. I love to find cool boxes, baskets or odd containers and jazz them up with cool ribbons and tags. So much fun for me. I just finished cleaning up all the scraps and popped a pork roast in the oven. The electricity is on and the garlicky aroma of the roast is filling the house with it's goodness. Productive day!

My mess. It only got worse as the day progressed.
Midway through the electricity came back on and Jim came home from a little outing. He put on some Christmas CD's and helped me wrap all of the stocking stuffers :)


1 comment:

  1. I just love this Patti. I love wrapping too. I just sit on the floor with everything around me within reach and just keep em piling:) Glad it was a good day. Thanks for posting such heart felt memories. It helps me get in the christmas mood. Your family is gonna love opening up those gifts come christmas mornig!!!

    ReplyDelete