,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Random Update

It is a rainy and super humid morning here in Ct. I actually got up late because it was still so dark at 6:30. I don't really have too much to write about. The days are alot the same...up at dawn to do some home things, work 8:30-6, home to make dinner, read for a bit and then off to bed.
Zach is in high gear getting ready to leave. Bit by bit he has amassed all of the things that he needs and now has a gigantic pile in the corner of his room waiting to go. I topped it off with one last trip to Costco for a bunch of healthy snacks. This child actually likes prunes, and so he has a box big enough to last and last.
Jim finally went for his MRI on Monday, and just as the doctor thought...he has a torn meniscus. It will have to be repaired by surgery, arthroscopic (I think).
Kate has registered for a chemistry class this semester and has picked up a bunch of additional hours at Dr. Massicotts.
I spent my day off cleaning and getting the guest room ready for new guests. John will come home this weekend to celebrate Zachary's birthday. Then on Tuesday, Michael and Francey arrive from Texas for a few days.
Busy week next week. We bring Zach to UNH on Friday, then up to Boston on Saturday for my Niece Nicki's wedding, then back to CT on Sunday for an convocation at UHN for Zach. I will finally have something real to blog about and not just my random thoughts.
Here are some pictures I took on Tuesday. Jim working from home, and right along side of him...his best buddy. She just has to be close to her "people".




1 comment:

  1. Love the pics. I'm so sorry about his knee! What a huge bummer. We are SO excited to see you next week! Thanks for spending time with us during such a crazy time. love you

    ReplyDelete