,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Saturday, September 22, 2012

It's been about three months since my last entry. It is so difficult to set aside time for things like this. I have good intentions and then a puppy picks up a toy and drops it in my lap and barks until I play with her, or Jim says "let's go for a ride or a walk" or I look at the furniture and I could write my name in the dust. You know what I mean...I am not that busy with appointments or kids, just the stuff of ordinary days.
So in order for me to use Blogger now, I must have Google Chrome. I hate it and everything about posting an entry is new and a bit confusing. I am trying tho and hopefully will put this entry up before October rolls around. Speaking of October, I read something last year which really got me thinking. Here is the link f So lovely Google Chrome will not let me call this link what I wish. I tried to change it and now it is that little F. Anyway, it is some information on seasonal affect disorder or SAD. I read it last year and it was like she was telling my story. It got so bad last year that I seriously considered asking my doctor for medication. That was a crossroads for me. I am a medication phobic, and so I knew that I was in trouble. I vowed this year I would try a natural way to keep myself happy and so in August I logged onto Amazon and purchased my SAD light. It is shining on me right now as I type. I started using it early because they say if you start to have those seasonal feelings it may be too late. I have to report, so far so good. I also had a little on-line dialog with the author of that blog, Susan Branch, to thank her for her advise. She told me that she also uses Vitamin D and it has taken away all of her SAD symptoms. I like millions of other people am Vitamin D deficient. I no longer allow myself time in the sun, and I quit drinking milk. Because of my medication phobia I stopped taking Vitamin D a while back. I have put myself back on a small daily dose. From now, all the way up until Christmas is my most favorite time of the year. I am looking forward to feeling like my happy self this year and really being able to enjoy it!
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!


No comments:

Post a Comment