,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Two Months

I usually write blog posts on lazy weekends at home. I cannot remember when our last lazy weekend was and so the blog has been neglected. The only thing that I had on the "to do" list today was to bake something for my sad neighbor who lost her dog last week.  Today Jim and I are laying low, front porch reading, house tending and really doing a bunch of nothing. It feels pretty great to have a day like this. Jim is beside me reading, Tofu is glued to my side, and Hazel is snoozing in her bed. I have about 30 min. before I have to get up and make dinner so here is a quick recap of the past few months.
Hazel completed her puppy obedience class back in May. I cannot say that she graduated at the top of her class, but we have learned some techniques that have been very helpful. 

 There are Zach and Hazel. The object was to get your dog to lay down beside you and stay.

Sucess!


The instructor advised us that the puppies could only get their diploma's if they could actually complete the "sit" command. Watch carefully or you may miss it.

We celebrated Jim's birthday with a special dinner and his fav chocolate cake.

Followed by a several rounds of Smart Ass.




Hazel did her best to stay awake. I finally tucked her into her bed right beside us in the kitchen and she conked right out.
This appears to be Hazel right? Wrong...it is her sister. A friend of a friend adopted two of Hazel's siblings. They live right in Woodbury. They look identical and we were pretty excited to hear all of the news on how they are doing. Cute!
The first week in June we all attended our nephew Rob's wedding. He married Justine in a lovely ceremony on Lake George. It was so great to be with the majority of the Kyte family. We missed those who couldn't make it so much!
Such a sweet couple and the wedding was chock full of special touches that made us all feel happy to be a part of this special day!
Unfortunately, I did not take many photos, but here are a bunch of the cousins. All grown up and so happy to be together again! Not present but thought of and missed were Costello, Francey and Michael, Emily and Jon, Sam and Tess, and Zachary.

Blurry shot of the sibs and spouses.

Jim's sister Linda was on a whirlwind trip through New York and New England and so they came to see us in Ct. It was so much fun to be together again.

I will close with Hazel. Growing up so quickly. Finally settling down and getting the housebreaking thing. Last week she crawled into a basket of clean laundry in the family room for a long nap.

Going...
Going...

Gone.






No comments:

Post a Comment