,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Sunday, March 11, 2012

I woke up to a sunny day here in Ct. I plan on being 100% homemaker today. The entire house needs a good going over, but I will only tackle the downstairs. That will take the better part of the day. I picked up some beautiful strip steaks at the market and so we will have a hearty meal later on. It will stay light out longer as we turned the clocks back last night. I have a nice long day stretched out before me. Yip!
Yesterday morning we drove out to Branford and had a nice long visit with our pup. It was so hard not to put her in my pocket and take her home. The breeder has decided to keep them for 9 weeks instead of 8. Her vet told her that 8-10 weeks is ideal for puppies to leave the nest, but closer to 10 weeks is better. For their emotional health. I want whatever will make Hazel a happy girl, but Zachary is bitterly disappointed. 3 more weeks. Hazel is living in a little cottage by the sea, she sleeps in a large crate with her brother and sisters in a sunny cluttered kitchen with a view to die for. Her owner is the sweetest lady, who kisses each one on the head as she lifts them out of their crate. Staying there another week can only do her good!
Last night, revved up with puppy excitement, Zachary and I made a trip to Petsmart to get some essentials for our little girl. Zachary bought a crate, treats, and toys. I bought bowls, and toys. I want to get a basket for her toys for the family room. I can't wait to see her drag her toys all around the house. To come home to puppy toys underfoot. Tofu has never had any interest in toys so we cannot wait for puppy playtime. She is already chasing after mini tennis balls! Yesterday the puppies were running and tackling each other and Jim made some comment to the breeder. Hazel stopped in her tracks and sat her little puppy butt right down and watched Jim. She cocked her head to the side the way dogs do when they are really concentrating. Hers sibs just kept on roughhousing. She is very smart, our little Hazelnut.
This is Hazel's backyard. Those are the Thimble islands. She is breathing that salty air 24/7. Lucky girl!


PUPPIES!!!

There's our girl.



The puppies are all fascinated with untying shoelaces. They stick with it until the laces on both shoes are completely untied.



Zach scooped her up and she was content to snuggle for a few minutes...



and then wanted back into the action!





Sweety!


No comments:

Post a Comment