Not many people know that Jim calls Kate and I "his girls". I am pretty happy to be included in that small group and my heart still does a little flutter every time he says it. Anyway, he spent the better part of yesterday with his girls. Jim wanted to go to this old fashioned church bazaar in Woodbury and so it was decided that we three would get up early and have a hot breakfast out and then go to the fair. I was up around 6 and much to my surprise Jim joined me in the kitchen around 6:15. When I asked him why he was up so early...he told me that he couldn't sleep because he was so excited about spending the day with his girls. Sweet.
We were at Dotties bright and early and beat the Saturday morning crowd. After breakfast we made our way up into the heart of Woodbury and had to park a bit of a ways from the fair. It was fun to walk down Main Street and look at all of the historic homes and businesses up close. Unfortunately, we didn't find any treasures at the fair, but we had a bunch of fun just being together. Jim drove us to Starbucks and Kate and I got our favorite coffee's and did a little shopping in Southbury.Jim worked out in the yard all afternoon and Kate and I went for pedicures. I tried out some new recipes and made this and this for dinner. I tweaked the pasta salad a bit to make it something that Jim could have (low fat mayo, cheese and milk, whole wheat pasta). It was a mini-miracle that both recipes were liked by everyone because that rarely happens.
It was sure a great day!
Today, I am cooking one of Jim's favorite meals and even made some dark chocolate brownies to go along with some vanilla bean frozen yogurt for a special Father's Day treat.
Kate is off to the beach and Zach is playing basketball with some friends in town. Jim and I are sitting in our chairs in the family room. The TV is blessedly OFF, a cool breeze is coming in the windows and I hear the neighborhood kids out in the street playing kickball. A perfect ending to the perfect Father's Day weekend!




No comments:
Post a Comment