,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Audrey

Today is my Mom's birthday. And I would just like to say a few words. And to thank her.
My mother created a home for two little girls that was built on solid ground. She provided for us alot of the same things that mothers of that generation provided for their children. She was there everyday when we got home from school, she was there to pick us up when we fell down, she made our holidays magical, she made sure we were clean and well fed, she made us do our homework, she kept our house clean, she nursed us through countless childhood sicknesses...well you get the picture. I love her for all of that. But what I value the most are the things that she taught me about how to live my life. She and my father were in LOVE. She showed me the perfect way to make a child feel secure is to love and honor their father. When she sat me down and told me how I should respect myself when I was dating and save myself for marriage, I looked into her earnest face and I believed her. When she voiced her displeasure over my choice of girlfriends, I didn't know it then, but she had my best interests at heart. When I messed up, she was firm...but her arms were always open for a comforting hug. She made sure that I was in church every Sunday. She kept her bible on her night table and I knew from a very young age how important that book was to her. I know that I have broken her heart over the years, but her love has been unwavering. I finally realize now that she was RIGHT...all of the time. Why oh why does it take us so long to figure that out?
I am 49 years old, and my Mother is still my biggest cheerleader. Anything is possible when your Mom is right behind you, cheering you on. Encouraging you and lifting you back up when you stumble. Even now, she still does that for me.

The best thing that my Mom did for me was LOVE and respect my Dad.

Behind me every step of the way!

Happy Birthday Mommy!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment