,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Over the River and Through the Woods (not to Grandma's house) Out For a Romantic Dinner

Jim and I spent a quiet morning at home and then went out for a cozy Valentine dinner at The Redding Road House in West Redding. Afterward, we drove through the beautiful Connecticut countryside. Beautiful old white colonials, churches, meeting houses, farms, ice laden streams...it was the perfect way to spend the day.
And were off.
They sat us right near the fireplace which had a blazing fire going.



One of many old white churches that we saw on our after dinner drive.

Baa


One of many old white colonials. Loved this festive fruit!

A bunch of wild turkeys ran across the road...their must have been 30 or more of them.



A patriotic chicken coop. Right up my alley.

A farm that raises Black Angus cows. They were so curious of us.

It's 5:30 and we are home again. Jim is right next to me and we are settling in for the night. No heart shaped box of chocolates, no flowers or even jewelry could top our day together. Just the two of us going down the road less traveled. Hope that you enjoyed your day too!
















1 comment: