Today is your 25th birthday. You know this, but I will tell it again. You were born in the wee hours of the morning in this beautiful month of October. You were the only one of the kids that arrived on your own time schedule with no help from the doctors. In fact, since you were so anxious to get here there was no time for me to have any pain intervention. So I can say that I experienced childbirth totally as God intended. The pain has been erased from my memory. What has not been erased was the joy of hearing "it's a girl". I knew it all along, but having it confirmed was one of the most precious moments of my life. We had a daughter. I chose Kathryn for your name because I loved the name Kate but thought that you should have a proper name...a big girl name. Dad chose Lee for your middle name after Uncle Al (Alfred Lee).We called you Kate right from the start, but Grandma always called you Kati. That drove me crazy then, but now I think that it was sweet. Her special name for you.
You came charging into this world like bright sunlight and that light has warmed my heart ever since. You never crawled and you walked for the first time when you were only eight months old. You were a strong willed toddler with something unique. A sweetness that still prevails over everything...to this day.You have never been fresh or mean even one single second. It is evident that you are beautiful on the outside too. I have walked beside you out in the world, and have seen your beauty turn heads. I have seen confident young men rendered speechless in your presence. I have to smile because you have never seen it or realize the effect that you have on people. You light up a room. You light up our home. You are are special blessing to Daddy and I.
I can't wait to celebrate this special day with you tonight. Happy Birthday sweet girl.
Love, Mom
First week








Dear Kati Caterpillar, I couldn’t have said it better!! You light up every room you walk in, and you have lit up our hearts since the day you were born. All my love, Dad! XOXOXO
ReplyDelete